- my sweet friend Arielle saying yes to this question:
- the two huge boxes of silk flowers awaiting me at my grandparents' house, and how beautiful and richly colored and perfect they were.
- my cousin Hannah and her shennanigans.
- teenagers walking into the Starbucks I'm sitting at and fanning themselves desperately, exclaiming "I'm hot!" in this 70-degree Enumclaw weather. Hot!? (though I have to admit, I'm not used to being outside in warm weather. But coming from 118 this is very, very nice.)
- the find of an exquisite thrifted 50's dress.
- that this the wedding day of a dear friend! (2 months and 2 days for us)
- surprises for Joel =)
- American coffee shops, atmosphere included.
- shopping for pretty things I've never had to go shopping for before.
- seeing Mount Rainier from my window :)
what does not make me smile today:
being halfway around the world from Joel and having to settle for Skype (but I am very thankful for Skype).
I'm going to go join my grandpa outside now. What has made you smile/laugh/cry this week?