Friday 9 May 2008

Strawberry Girl

Susanna, a girl in my well group, was sewing a dress for her little sister and after telling me about it brought me the fabric remnants. Isn't the fabric adorable? It's a nice, soft but starched type and the print is so nice.
I'm working on more of these -
Newest Joi-Opaque project, based on a photo called Mystery, by Krystal Beveridge.
And so you can see a bit of what life in Dubai is like - this is just off the highway (not out in the real desert!) where we often have picnics and barbeques. And of course take the mandatory jumping-off-the-sand-dune photo. It hit 120 degrees farenheit this week!


What is the weather like where you're at?

4 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Very cute dress!

The weather here is gorgeous!

willynillywaterlily said...

120 degrees?! Omigosh, I can't imagine that! Here is Hawaii when it gets to be about 93 we think it's unbearable!

I love the photos of everyone jumping in the sand! Such fun!

Staceydotdot said...

Hey Cait!
Nice to "meet" you! :)
Im so glad Im finding real arty people in Dubai.....I was beginning to give up! lol!Cool blog, love the dolls ( I soooo want a Blythe doll)and I love the photo of your Dad the pilot with your doll in the cockpit! hee hee! I used to be a trolly dolly with Emirates......fun times.......never had Blythe on a flight though ;P
Do you do the Arte Soukh!? Keep in touch! :)
Stacey..

aurora said...

here in albuquerque it is warm and sunny... nice doll! :)