Monday 15 September 2008

Summer Treasures

I managed to use my money well and buy very little this summer while we were in the states and in Europe. And, as it often is, the things I most value cost the least. Here are some of my favourites.

This is from a little Amish Thrift/Antique shop in Pennsylvania. A (very) vintage Ralph Lauren black watch satchel. It was originally $2, marked down to $1. It meant packing extra things in my suitcase and using it as a carry-on for the rest of my flights, but it looked like it held so many memories I had to get it, since it was beautiful and cost nothing.





At the same shop I found these tiny antique lovelies - a little vintage cat, and a miniscule victorian vase. They are very at home among Anne of Green Gables, fairytales, and my nutcracker.


The beauty of everything we saw (including friends) was far better though.
What did you buy this summer, whether you traveled or no? More importantly, what are the memories?

good night,
Cait



3 comments:

Milkberry said...

Love the vintage ralph lauren. and the belgian chocolate house looks like the houses they always give for free on klm!

Lostariel said...

Awwww...

Go Anne!

willynillywaterlily said...

What a great find! And only a $1!

It's sad that summer is over, but I do have wonderful memories, of friends, family and the beautiful Hawaii beaches.

Goodnight!