Tuesday 23 September 2008

Treasure Boxes

Good afternoon!

Today I have quite a head cold (which isn't good considering the surprise scheduled for Wednesday) but I worked on these little tins while listening to my counseling lecture.



They're tins from cheap candles here, and I've taken the candle out of a few and left it in others, so people can decide what they will use them for. I love keeping my earrings in pretty little cases. For these, I peeled off all the labels and stickers, glued fabric to the top, covered it with primer, and then a pink, peach, or baby blue background before the pictures.


I was very pleasantly surprised when Willi-Nilly Waterlily gave me this award. She is a very creative and talented girl and I am always amazed at the little creations she whips up and the way she dresses her Blythe, Loovee. Thank you Rima!



Now, I have to pass this on to five other bloggers, which is a pretty hard task, but here we go.

A Fanciful Twist. Vanessa is an incredible artist and dreamer, and such a colourful little girl at heart. Reading her blog (which is sadly blocked from the UAE's network) always inspires me.

Be What You Mean. Krystal is my friend and co-artist in the Joi-Opaque project, and her photography is unique and beautiful. Her thoughts are always enlightening and challenging. She refuses to think typical, in the best sense.

Paper, scissors...glue. Stacey, the only fellow artisan in the Emirates that I actually know, although there are a lot of us! She's sweet and an incredible scrapbooker!!

Drum of a Different Beat. My sister! Because I love her and because she's a talented, encouraging, and challenging writer, and because she made the beautiful new banners for my blogs!

It's supposed to be five, but the two I'd have to choose between are both impossibly friendly and talented, and I'm pretty sure have received the award before. Nevertheless, Milkberry and Tizzalicious were two of the first crafters (and Blythelovers) I 'met' in the blogging realm.
I still really must do a post on all my favourite blogs!


In other matters; I've moved my personal blog to Wordpress, so you can now find it here.

Love, Cait

6 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Thank you so much for the sweet award! <3

I love those cute tins!

Staceydotdot said...

Cait! Thanks for the award!

Thats so nice of you!

:)

Love the new banner! You must tell me how you make them!;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cait! :)

Staceydotdot said...

Thanks for joining the group Cait! ;)

What is a Krystal? said...

Cait!

I am SO incredibly flattered! Thanks so much!

Also: How much are you selling your tins for, if at all?

If so, do you mind if I have a peek-see at all the ones you've made?

willynillywaterlily said...

You are very welcome for the award, Cait! It's well deserved. I love your blog.