Wednesday 24 February 2010

'and the flowers would have very extra special powers'


Tim Burton's revised Alice is coming out next week, and I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Though I don't know when I'll actually see it, the wonderland looks beautifully interesting, even if a bit mad. The books, Disney film, old Tenniel prints, and other Louis Carroll pieces have long been favorites. Ever read The Hunting of the Snark? Creepily classic!
(Our ballet school did Alice in Wonderland years ago, and the Cheshire Cat costume was quite an impressive work of art.)
This screencap is lovely. The singing pansies and operatic roses were one of my favorite parts of the Disney movie, especially the queenly white rose whom you always wanted more than a glimpse of. It frustrated me each time when they threw Alice out in the end!

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ha! A friend and I just had a facebook convo about how utterly freaky we thought the previews looked! :P Not my cup o' tea, but we're talking about me, the girl who was ever so disturbed by watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. :P

L said...

Im excited too :)
It does look creepy but could be fun! :)

Tizzalicious said...

I'm so excited about this movie, I can't wait to see it!