Saturday 8 August 2009

round about Washington

We spent a day at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle, where we saw new and old buskers and the familiar fish market, gum wall, and original Starbucks. These Gospel singers, two of a quartet, were fantastic. My friend had told me about them and we were excited to get to hear their deep, rumbling voices harmonize.



These talented, twang-voiced sisters sang haunting folk country songs, switching instruments and blending their flexible and strong voices. They were definitely my other favorite!

Yesterday afternoon was a delightful time at Lake Tapps with a friend's family. All the younger ones fished and each were successful (and so excited! Their faces were pure joy). Joel was patient in helping at each call of a tangled line or lost worm. Nate also water-skied for the first time!


We have less than a week left in America and the time will hopefully be spent in needed rest, reading, study, and sharing. I got my partner for the Lovely Package Exchange today, which was exciting!

with Love,
Cait

2 comments:

Sara said...

aw this all looks like so much fun, a day I would definitely enjoy!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Looks like you had a marvelous time, my dear. Was the weather unbearable this past week? I've heard from others that Seattle crossed the 100 degree mark and that a lot of Washington state was absolutely sweltering.

I hope that heat isn't been cruel, and that you're having tranquil, beautiful weekend!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica