Sunday 15 February 2009

"the lovely Boylan sisters..."

Some of you knew that my Friday and Valentine's Day were spent auditioning for a West End production of Annie that came to Dubai...and the result email just came!

I am cast as Bonnie Boylan and a lead dancer, as well as ensemble. That is more than the role I had hoped for! I will enjoy having so much to work on. I'm very excited, and somewhat surprised - since there are so few lead parts for my age group!

(think "Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile")
In late March we'll begin two weeks of intense rehearsal, followed by 15 performances. I look forward to learning from the amazing coaches and getting to know the other cast!
The auditioning process was very fun, though definitely nervewracking. It was exciting to be called back - for the second day and then for script reading. They are all so nice and talented! One of the judges and teachers played Mungojerry in CATS. My one worry is that the 'lead dancing' will include some of the risque routines we learned for the audition - that I'm not comfortable with!

Love,
Cait

P.S. My new shoes I spoke of earlier - comfortable and classic!




9 comments:

heleen said...

Oh those shoes are just lovely!
And congratulations on getting the part ^^

Milkberry said...

Congrats on getting the part!!! And rockin' shoes!!

Tizzalicious said...

Congratulations! :)

I love the shoes!

Creaholica said...

congratulations! yesterday I went to a musical, and the first thing I thought was: 'that's what I also wanna do!' and you are going to do it, enjoy! (also a little bit for me, hihi) x

Daniƫlle said...

Love your blog, and congratulations!

erin meagan said...

CONGRATS!
That is so amazing!
Jealous!:)
i love annie!

Lostariel said...

That's so cool! I wish I could see it. :)

willynillywaterlily said...

Congratulations Cait! That is a huge accomplishment! I'm sure you're going to shine! :)

Poshhh said...

those shoes are absolute fabulousness...are they comfortable?
xx