Wednesday 4 February 2009

marvelous


Sara and I successfully made the elusive macarons!
(Inspired in part by Milkberry and MarmeeCraft). This is the excellent recipe we used.
After one utterly failed attempt, these turned out rich and pretty.


I was so excited - when we peeked into the oven near the end I screamed "they have feet!" and we jumped up and down. They are filled with chocolate cream, some with a raspberry tint. Later this week before Sara returns to Michigan, we hope to make orange zest filling as well. I see a new hobby forming.


I am thrilled to be reading Nie's own posts again.
Her recovery is still long, but she is back and healing and sharing.

love, cait

7 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Yum! They look good!

Creaholica said...

yes I agree.

They look really good!

erin meagan said...

those look completely delicious!

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

mmm...those look yummy!

and i gave you an award :)leurnae

Nathalia said...

I want one! lovely blog too:)

Staceydotdot said...

Thats so cool!

Now you have to learn to make pink ones! ;)

Yumaramama!!

x

Gledwood said...

ooo they look lovely: they had them in the patisserie the other day when I had coffee with my Mum in Paddington Station and pigeons somehow snuck in and were strutting about the floor of this upstairs cafe: no word of a lie...