Sunday 22 March 2009

Macaron Weekend


Since Friday was Macaron Day in France, on Saturday I made white macarons with a filling of lemon curd with vanilla buttercream. The flecks on the shells are yellow colouring as I had no lemon zest. I have yet to really get the hang of anything other than chocolate or pink - plain almond isn't working for me.

Our wonderful friend is visiting from Washington and spent a week in Paris - so he brought us some macarons! They are from 'La Maison Du Chocolat,' and look (and taste) perfectly lovely.


love,
Cait

4 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Hmmm, they look so good!

PopCookie said...

They look sooo yummy!Please come here and bring me one!
xoxo

Creaholica said...

ooooh they look really good! if i am honest - i've never eat one. but if i see this, i really need to. hihi

oooh after six months.. so you don't remember a lot of things about it i guess? I don't know, just everytime I am in Spain.. I am just so happy and.. Yes I guess it's because of the culture.

Sara said...

I gave you an award :)