Sunday 1 March 2009

comings and goings

Well, my uncle is here in Dubai now, but Grandma flies back a day early due to the health of her sister-in-law, to be with her. She has had cancer for several months and things are declining fast. (I do not really know her.)

There is no where near enough time in life, in the week, in the day! I have one essay to write and then will be completely on track for school. Except that we skipped school today to go out to the Atlantis and Dubai Mall with our guests - a glimpse of the insanity that is Dubai! We hadn't been there before either and it was impressive (except for the aquariums. Yes they were huge and amazing but I'm terrified of them). I haven't had time to paint or draw for weeks (hence the lack of art on this here blog), and have started drinking coffee again, and getting less sleep again, and falling behind on long talks with well-beloved friends again.
But right now I'm going to shove all the work aside and have a nice long quiet time and watch my new movie, The Fall. Yay!

Rehearsal schedule and costume measurement form for Annie. came in today :)

love,
Cait

P.S. This weekend I went to a two-day conference (Promises Made, Promises Kept). The speaker was Thabiti Anyabwile and it was truly encouraging and wonderful! I got to know a lot of new people; the university students here. It was a Christ-centred, stimulating conference, as all should be.

No comments: