Tuesday 22 December 2009

Birds

After seeing some birdcage inspired handmade ornaments, I was itching to try free-handing some birdcages on the sewing machine, much like Ruby (Cakies) does with her crowns and dollhouses. I had to come up with some final, nice gifts for one of the girls in my well group, so I jumped at the chance and made her a birdcage pillow, with a felted sparrow to match. Thankfully I think she liked it, and I was happy with how it turned out and want to experiment more.


The Christmas tea was this afternoon, and went reasonably well despite miscommunication and miscounting. We just hurriedly arranged a third pretty little table and fit all 25 in. Hospitality is about spontaneity too, right? In all the rush I didn't photograph the table beforehand, but I might write more about it later.
What are your last few days before Christmas filled with?

love,
Cait

4 comments:

LeAnna said...

Hospitality should be made of spontaneity, if you ask me. Love those pillows, you did a great job. Thankfully we're just kind of taking it easy these last few days before Christmas. Enjoying the fact that it's Little Man's first and all. :) Christmas blessings to you, sweet sister!

Elena said...

I love the pillow! It's just dripping with possibilities :) I've been wanting to make some throw pillows, so thank you for the idea.

Oh, please post some pictures soon! I'm sure your guests were blessed by your creative, spontaneous preparations :)

I hope you are doing well.

Brette of the Wood said...

dear cait,
i LOVE the birdcages! ahh! as soon as I saw it I thought "I LOVE THAT". :) Thank you....I am sooo excited. I will be using art as a means to relate to the peoples there, and probably be teaching some english. We can receive mail (tho it takes 3 weeks but you probly already know that), and I can send you postcards! ...speaking of, remember how I was supposed to send you something and never did? Well...it's because I'm such a good procrastinator...oops! love and miss you dearly! i wish we could celebrate christmas festivities together! Not many people nearby me get excited about the same homey artsy things.
<3
brette

Sara said...

I did a lot of studying but I am done with the semester now!! Yesterday was my cousin's engagement party!